Besora castle and church

This castle was cited in 982, it was one of the fortifications built at the Christian frontier. The parish church appears on the Urgell consecration document in 839 but it was too small and it was enlarged in 1651. Joan Balius, artist from Solsona, built the altarpiece from the main altar, gilded by Joan Andreu from Sant Llorenç de Morunys and inaugurated in 1688.

Comparteix:

Oficina de Turisme del Solsonès
Ctra. de Bassella, 1
25280 Solsona
Tel. 973 48 23 10

Open chat
1
Scan the code
Hola 👋
En què et podem ajudar?